(FOR THE CLASS IN YOGYAKARTA)
1. FIELD TRIPS
Wisma Bahasa provides field trip – for the class in Yogyakarta – as one of the way to learn Indonesia language as well as the people, culture, and history. There are two kinds of field trips: general field trip and specialization. General field trip destination such as Borobudur temple, Prambanan temple, Sultan Palace, etc. Specialization field trip provides based on learner request to fulfill their knowledge needs, for example, a student who needs to see how medical service manage in Indonesia will take to local Hospital and PUSKESMAS (Pusat Kesehatan Masyarakat). The cost of all field trip is the same as the regular class, except Borobudur and Prambanan temple. Not all destinations can show due to the large number of destination we have. For other field trips destination list, please contact us.
- Local NGO
- Political party
- University center of Study
- Government offices
- Experts & lecturers from some reputable university in Yogyakarta
- Financial Institution
- The medical center, etc.
General/Cultural Field Trips can be taken by all students who are interested in knowing more about Indonesian culture. Some destinations we have are as following:
- Borobudur Temple (number of session: 3 sessions)
- Prambanan Temple (number of session: 2 session)
- Ratu Boko Temple (number of session: 2 sessions)
- Yogyakarta City Tour (number of session: 1 session)
- Imogiri Nobel Cemetery (number of session: 2 sessions)
- Yogyakarta Sultan Palace (number of session: 1 session)
- Tamansari Water Castle (number of session: 1 session)
- Kasongan Pottery Village (number of session: 2 sessions)
- Kotagede Ancient Village (number of session: 2 session)
- Kotagede Silver Centre (number of session: 1 session)
- Affandi Museum (number of session: 1 session)
- Ullen Sentalu Museum (number of session: 2 sessions)
- Merapi Mt (number of session: 2 sessions)
- Parangtritis Beach (number of session: 2 sessions)
- Indrayanti Beach (number of session: 4 sessions)
- Bringharjo Traditional Market (number of session: 1 session)
- Malioboro – City Center (number of session: 1 session), etc
2. CULTURAL PROGRAMS
Wisma Bahasa also offers you cultural programs – for the class in Yogyakarta – assisted by professional instructors such as batik painting, cooking, and traditional dances.
- Batik Class; Batik painting is the process of making batik. A professional instructor will guide you throughout the process.
- Cooking Class; Culinary classes help you to learn how to cook traditional and/or popular Indonesian dishes. Learn to identify Indonesian spices and condiments to concoct the dishes and master the new skills of making some Indonesian menus. Choose from soto, gado-gado, rendang, opor, oseng-oseng, nasi goreng, etc.
- Traditional Dances; You can learn the classical and/or contemporary Javanese, Balinese, and Sundanese dances. Professional and committed instructors will assist you to learn the movements and the philosophy behind them.